SANDWICHES

The BLAT

September 19, 2009

The BLAT

In case you didn’t know, I’ve got a whole lot of love for the sandwiches. I’ve never been able to decide on my favourite but in truth, this must be it because I eat this sandwich every single Saturday morning I ate this sandwich every Saturday morning for around 6 months. Yep. Sad, I know. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the BLAT. Bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato atop a healthy dollop of mayo on thick sliced white. Sometimes I’ll vary the bread or add a little spring onion – crazy, I know. Exciting times.

• Reply Tweets that mention The BLAT — Food Stories -- Topsy.com September 19, 2009 at 12:24 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by guinnessdj. guinnessdj said: @Blogatha u want this http://bit.ly/9cpD8 […]

• Reply Kanga_Rue September 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Insanely jealous! I’m hungry but there’s no bread in the house and BoyWonder won’t go get any even though I’ve offered to cook brunch… will have to go myself after seeing this. Though I will have to wipe the drool off first 😉

• Reply aforkfulofspaghetti September 19, 2009 at 12:26 pm

As beautiful as that is, I still can’t help thinking that a BLEAT would be even better.

Put the EGG in!

Reply Helen September 19, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Kanga_Rue – Do it! You will not regret the effort involved. The BLAT is worth it!
    aforkfulofspaghetti – Ok, ok, I give in. Next time I will make the BLEAT.

• Reply Lizzie September 19, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Ever since you’ve started talking about the BLAT I’ve also been having them very regularly. They are awesome, but it does need to be on thick white; I had it on seeded granary recently and it upset me.

• Reply eatlivetravelwrite September 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Looks great!Check out our BLT from scratch:

Now if we could have just grown our own avocadoes…

Reply Helen September 19, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Lizzie – Yeah, I’ve tried it with granary too – most upsetting indeed. Sometimes I’ll go for a seeded white though or a poppy seed one. Not bad at all.
    eatlivetravelwrite – Will do! Thanks.

• Reply Kevin September 19, 2009 at 7:28 pm

That sandwich looks good!

• Reply Su-yin September 20, 2009 at 1:39 am

This looks amazing! I love the whole BLAT idea.. brilliant. I must say I like seeded breads more than plain white breads (unless it’s a crusty white).

• Reply Kristy September 20, 2009 at 9:27 am

Crikey – that looks fab. You take the most amazing, drool worthy pics!!

That’s this morning’s brunch sorted – a BLEAT for me!

• Reply tehbus September 20, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I knew it wasn’t long before the BLAT would make an appearance. And I’m glad it did. Except I am now hungry, and I just had dinner.

• Reply Dan September 20, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Blimey, that’s some sandwich.

• Reply Ollie September 21, 2009 at 10:10 am

Oh. My. God. That is a beautiful monster.

• Reply Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen September 21, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Love it! 🙂

• Reply joey September 22, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Oh my! This is one gorgeous sandwich! I must get one of these together soon!

• Reply Furniture September 29, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I am going to try that one!! I have never combined avocado and bacon before although I love both of them. It has been only a year when I stopped being so conservative with what I mix and don’t. My latest mix has been tuna and blue cheese and it has been well good! Great blog!

• Reply Dani October 28, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Amazing…

Think me and a a friend took it a few steps too far recently by making the BEAST (Bacon, Egg, Avocado, Spinach, Tomato) plus some extra mushrooms. Can’t even think of an anagram to fit, nor bread that can keep it together!! Delicious all the same though!